Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goals accomplished?

Go down

Goals accomplished? Empty Goals accomplished?

Post  grh2595 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Even the best musicians do not consider themselves perfect. Everyone has something they can work to improve their playing. For me to improve in band I believe I should practice more. I usually practice when we first get our pieces but then after I know most of the notes and rhythms I start to practice less and less. I stop practicing and I never get to work on some of the most important elements of the piece. Dynamics and correct articulation seem to be forgotten, so naturally articulation and dynamics are where i need to improve in most. My ability to sight read also could improve. To help my sight reading, picking up music I have never seen before and trying to play them would improve my skill. My intonation could also improve if I listened a little more closely to the way my instrument's sound affected the tone quality of the rest of my section. If i work to fix these minor flaws, come next June, my overall experience in band should improve.When I can the play the pieces more expressively I think I will get more out of band.

This year I feel like as a musician I have improved and I have developed a desire to improve even more. Approaching the end of my sophomore year I have been reflecting on the past year and I believe I have done a good job in accomplishing my goals I set at the beginning of the year. I still feel like I could practice more, but I have improved since the beginning of the year. I will work to improve that next year. Through more time in the band program my comprehension of articulation and dynamics has also heightened. My sight reading is still a struggle but with more and more practice it has become a little stronger. Through listening to my instrument and the rest of the band I have become more aware and conscious about my intonation. Sophomore year in concert band was a success and I look forward to returning as a junior in the fall in concert band again.

grh2595

Back to top Go down