Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

goals accomplished

Go down

goals accomplished Empty goals accomplished

Post  JuliN Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:10 pm

This year in band I hope to improve my flute playing skills in general. To do accomplish this, I hope I can find more time to practice this year even if its only 15 minutes a day. I mostly need to work on my tuning, tone quality and sight reading. When tuning, I can hear when I’m not in tune but I have a hard time telling if I’m sharp or flat. When I play really high notes I have really bad tone quality. A note like a high G comes out screechy. I don’t know if it is meant to sound like that but I don’t think it sounds very good. I also don’t subdivide in my head very often that a lot of times lead to rhythm problems especially during site reading. Now that I look back at this, I have a lot to improve upon but hopefully I can accomplish this by the end of this year.

This year I accomplished a few of my goals but not all of them. I have become better at sight reading, although I still do not sub-divide in my head very much. My tone quality improved over the year except for my high G, it still does not sound very good. One thing I do not think I accomplished was my tuning. I still can not tune on my own. Although I did not accomplish some of my goals, I got better in ways that I did not mention in my goals in the beginning of the year. I became better at dynamics and I am able to play harder pieces and move my fingers faster. In elements, they had a lot of unbelievably fast notes. I di not think I could ever play them but I eventually was able to play about half of them well (the others kind of sounded like I was playing a bunch of random notes). Even though most of my goals I did not accomplish, I am happy with the goals I did accomplish.

JuliN

Back to top Go down