Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My accomplished goals

Go down

My accomplished goals Empty My accomplished goals

Post  mikewilliams Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

Firstly, I'd like to open with this statement, and my #1 goal this year: PRACTICE, even if it's only once!!! I feel that me not practicing is making me fall behind on my playing skills, which it is. Other than that, I wish to use rehersal time more to my advantage. I believe that I should pay attention more, both when I'm playing and when I'm not playing. I can learn alot from listening to the other sections, I just need to talk less. Musically, I intend to improve my ability to control my dynamic levels, you know, make them more dramatic. Also, I want to improve on Accented note and make them more powerful to the ear. Lastly, I desperately need to learn my scales! i knew them last year, but forgot them over the summer, mainly because I didn't have any lessons over the summer.

This year, I set out with many goals for me to focus on my musical talent. At the beginning of the year, I was determined to control my dynamics and not blast the flute section out of their seats, which luckily never happened. I feel that I might not have total control over dynamics, because now I play perhaps too softly, and can hardly hear my playing in the middle of all of the other clarinets. One goal that I have not quite reached yet, but am soon to is practicing. Although I have never practiced at home...ever...I am about to break that barrier over the summer, determined to practice as much as possible. My sight reading skills have improved rather well, as I have felt comfortable over the past few months with clapping a rhythm out at the beginning of every class. I am happy to say that I have remembered most of my scales! now they shouldn't be to much of a problem during any auditions. I talked a good deal during class, but I shut my mouth when others were playing to show respect and to try to learn about other instruments. overall, it has been a great year for growth and improvement, and I only wish that it could have lasted longer. king

mikewilliams

Back to top Go down