Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my goals of the year

Go down

my goals of the year  Empty my goals of the year

Post  vhurley Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 pm

This year in band so far has been great with a fantastic concert and I am learning lots of new things. I hope to become a better trumpet player this year with good knowledge of scales and notes. Also I hope to get above at least an eighty five on every playing test as well as improve on sight reading which has always been a weak spot for me. I hope to be able to play faster and faster as the year goes on and be able to play hard music with ease. In terms of practice, I would like to practice for at least two hours a week and practice hard to get better at a difficult part of a piece. In musicianship, I would like to become a better listener and be able to spot wrong or out of tune notes as well as being able to sense whether the rhythm is right or not. In rehearsals, I would like to play every piece as if I were in a concert every time and play well. In rehearsal, I would want to see if my practicing at home has improved how I play with the other students. By the end of the year I would like to be able to play fast with high notes that move around instead of being repetitive. I would also like to master breathing in with my nose while I play so I don't have to breathe as often during a piece. I would like to collaborate with my section at least once to get playing help from the older kids or to work together on a trouble spot. In June, if I accomplish the things I mentioned to the best of my ability I will consider the year a success. I want to get better this year and these goals will help me remember the things I need to do to succeed in band.
I think I have improved looking back to the beginging of the year, I see that I have completed some of my goals. I have improved on scales and increased my range of notes where i couldn’t get past high d easily but now it is easy and i'm working on comfortably getting into high G’s and above so I have expanded the range from high d to g. I have learned several new scales such as concert f, concert Db, Concert Ab, concert Eb when i only memorized two at the beginning of the year the concert Bb, and concert C. I have improved some on sight reading since i take private lessons and I forget to practice but am able to play it well after looking it at it for a minute. I have improved a little on being able to play faster since I have been practicing fast pieces slowly so i can build up to the tempo it is at. I did meet meet my practicing goals most of the time by spending ten minutes a day practicing band music, then practicing for private lessons, and improvising over c blues scale for at least ten minutes a week or if i'm feeling like it up to a couple of hours. I improved a little on rhythm from the pieces we played that were in 6/8 time. I unfortunately didn’t master circular breathing( i gave up after an hour) but overall i did feel that i improved and fulfilled my goals in band. I am a different musician than I was in term 1 since I played harder pieces and learned many scales and from the different types of music experiences I experienced over the course of the year. see you next year Mr. C Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

vhurley

Back to top Go down