Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert review

Go down

Concert review  Empty Concert review

Post  Mksmui Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:37 am

Although I rarely attend any concerts, I find school concerts particularly exciting as they rarely seem to disappoint. During the recent fall concert, I personally thought that the orchestra was exceptional in their intonation, producing warm yet chilling musical experience. Chorus on the other hand seemed a bit lack luster to me. I personally thought that the lack of guys in chorus is reflected as they usually produce the heavy baritone sounds. But who and I to judge. I also am a bit confused why the chorus sings such distal cultural pieces. Although i have nothing against this, i have notice students and even parents have a some what quizzical expression during said pieces. I would also like to comment the aesthetic aspect of the entire music department. IMO, Hingham High looks extremely sharp in all black. Very slimming. I think the all black attire provides is very sleek and allows the audience to clearly view the connection between an instrument and the person playing it. I think that this is also true for chorus as the rows of black shirts and skirts provide a very well lit and very well articulated face of nearly each and every chorus member.

Mksmui

Back to top Go down