Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert review

Go down

Concert review Empty Concert review

Post  mikewilliams Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:43 pm

I haven't been to a concert recently, except the one that our band played at. So, I feel inclined to discuss that concert. My memory is a little fuzzy, so I apologize if I get a couple of facts wrong. I believe that the Chorus were first to perform. I couldn't understand any of the words in a few of their songs, due to the fact that they were singing in either Italian or French. Either way, I still enjoyed their performance. The wierd thing is, I enjoyed the "foreign" songs more so than I liked the songs sung in English. Even though I've been speaking this language my entire life, I still could only catch fragments of what was being spoken. P.S.-Mens chorus sounded the best! Next in line was the Orchestra. I really liked the pieces that they played, but I felt that they were a little short. My favorite piece that they played was their second peace, which I believed had a viola & a violin. The viola took the potlight, of course. One last comment before I wrap up this review-I think that the fact that the strings can pluck their instruments as well as play them regularly is just the best thing ever. And last, however most deffinately not least, the main event of the night performed-the Band! king

mikewilliams

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum