Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goals for 2011-2012

Go down

Goals for  2011-2012  Empty Goals for 2011-2012

Post  crobinson14 Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:14 pm

This year there are a lot of thing that I would like to accomplish in band. I feel like this year the thing that I want to improve on the most is practicing at home. Although I practice before tests and quiz's I feel like when I do that it is the I only part that I know really well. So if I can take my instrument home a couple times a week and focus on a different part every night I could become better. So I feel like just taking my instrument home and making the effort to practice is the first step for me. That way I can work more on musical things and become better at dynamics, intonation, tone quality, etc. I also would like to become more involved in rehearsal I feel like so far I am able to understand so many things I didn't before because I pay attention. Another thing that I really want to improve on is having more confidence and play louder. Usually I play quiet because I don't want to be wrong so I need to work on having more confidence and not being afraid of playing a wrong note once in awhile. Overall my goal is to become a better musician this year so I hope that these things will help so I really can become a better player by the end of the year.

I feel like this year although I did not accomplish all of my goals that i had at the beginning of the year I feel like I still did make some improvement. This year one of my goals was to practice more I think that I did practice more than usual in the beginning of the year but i did not follow through and keep practicing at home. Another goal I had was to play louder and I think that I did accomplish this. I think that I definitely play louder in rehearsal it is just during quizzes and tests that I play play quiet. I also wanted to become more involved in the rehearsal and I didn't do that. My last goal that i had for this year was to be more confident and I think that I have somewhat achieved this goal because I do feel more confident than before I just need to become more confident.

crobinson14

Back to top Go down