Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaching My Goals

Go down

Reaching My Goals Empty Reaching My Goals

Post  bsmith126 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 pm

During the upcoming year in band I would like to expand the horizons of my playing and reach towards my full potential. Even though I have increased my range and cut down on my chatting during playing tests, I still believe that there is always room for improvement. I would like to be able to play those notes above the staff with ease and manage to play those important melodies flawlessly everytime. It would also be nice if I could develop my ear so that I could balance out my playing with that of the rest of the band. Other than that I would love to play really fast without getting my tongue and fingers tangled up.

This past year in band I don't think I've quite reached the point I saw myself at, but I'm certainly headed in the right direction. Once again, the more I play the more my range expands and I definately believe that that I will be hitting those incredibly high notes soon. From time to time my fingers still get "tangled", but I won't let that hold me back. I find that despite this I am having an easier time playing the important melodies, more so as the pieces begin to grow on me. Overall, I'm satistified with the level I have reached but I will still continue to work to reach my full potential.

Brian Smith

bsmith126

Back to top Go down