Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaching My Goals

Go down

Reaching My Goals  Empty Reaching My Goals

Post  mstimson22 Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Old One:
Over the course of the rest of the year, there is a lot I would like to accomplish. First, I NEED to practice more often. I often make excuses about how I have too much homework, piano lessons, blah blah blah. I really should set aside 25 minutes a day to practice. If I did this, I would probabley improve a lot. My next goal is to learn my scales. It was actually my personal goal over the summer to learn some scales, but that didn't happen... I feel like taking some time to learn the scales (especially the harder ones like F major) would help me improve a lot too. My final goal is more of a long term goal. I want to get better at the oboe in general so that I am not the only oboe in the band. (I've never had a stand partner!) I feel like learning the piano is really helping me do better on the oboe, but if I complete my other two goals also, this one would already be accomplished! These are the goals that I hope to complete during the course of this year.

New One:

Over the course of the 2011-2012 school year I feel as if I have accomplished many of my previous goals. Throughout the year my goals stayed mostly the same, although I tried to reach a goal of improving my ear-training skills by working on the piano at home. The goals I set at the beginning of the year included practicing more, learning my scales and becoming better at my instrument overall. During this year I did practice more often then in the past, but I need to try to practice more over the summer and next year. Learning to play the piano also helped me learn my scales on the oboe. Although I did not learn anywhere near all the scales, I did learn numerous scales that have helped me improve. Over the course of this school year, I also achieved my goal of becoming better at my instrument. Practicing more, learning my scales, the more challenging pieces, and learning to play the piano all helped me achieve this goal. I am definitely a different musician then in term one. I feel as if I have become more confident in my playing, and better overall. I am really going to strive over the next year to improve even more.

mstimson22

Back to top Go down