Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOALS! FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down

GOALS! FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty GOALS! FOR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  garrett d Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I came into band this year with one overall goal, to become a better player. I think that allthough its only the end of the first term I have allready achieved this goal. A contributing factor to this is the music that we have been playing. It is definitely much more challenging than last year (even though I was the only trumpet in my class), the music is much more fast paced, I also like the peices that we have been playing and when i like a peice i tend to play it much better. It is also nice to have a stand partner who is one grade above me, he is allways there to give me answers to questions that I may have about fingerings or counting. I would also like to be able to practice more than I did in eigth grade, i did not get the chance to practice and I think that it showed a little in my playing. It will definitely be harder to practice on the weekdays this year but I can find time on the weekends. I think that I can definitely accomplish my goals for this year with lots of hard work and practice!.
garrett d

Many of my goals this year were accomplished, and even some that i did not forsee. High school band has been an entirely different experience for me. I learned how to really read a piece of music, past just the notes on the page. My playing has also improved greatly. Having band every day this year was really a great oppertunity to get better and see how the entire band worked so well together. One goal that I accomplished was becoming a better musician overall. I gained a new respect for music that I did not have before, Mr. CIncotta really helps everyone see what a piece is all about and really to get inside the mind of the composer. Much like Carmina Burana where it is all about a giant spinning wheel of fortune and death. My goals this year have been accomplished and hope to make even more progress next year!

garrett d

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum