Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Reflection

Go down

Last Reflection Empty Last Reflection

Post  tstaley Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:52 pm

I am proud of myself for making the Wind Ensemble this year. We make beautiful music and I am glad to be a part of it. This is also a wake up call for me. For example, I struggled hitting a high "E" today, something I could hit any day of the week at the end of last year. To be frank, I need to pick it up. My tone quality needs to be improved, I can't play as high as I could last year, and trying to be in tune is always an adventure. Improving on all three is a tall task, but one I must be willing to undertake. Making the band as a whole sound fabulous is my priority, but to do that, I need to improve as an individual. To do that, I need to practice, something I have failed to do enough of up to this point. I also would like to get to know my section more. Ben is a tremendous trumpet player, and Maude and Mehgan aren't far behind him. Sam is Sam and a great trumpeteer, but I'd like to get to know the upperclassmen more as the year progresses. As long as the band sounds as good as it can come concert time, that would make this year a success for me..
tstaley

This year was a success for me. Through the year, I believe I attributed in a small way to help the band sound better through improvements over the course of the year. I was able to get above and "E" with ease by the end of the year, and pointers from the upperclassmen helped me improve my tone quality. I regretfully admit that I did not practice as much as I thought I would be able to. Because of this, I didn't really reach my full potential. However, because the band sounded great even while playing highly advanced pieces, I believe this year was a success. I look forward to next year and helping the younger players improve while also allowing for growth in my own personal trumpeteering.

tstaley

Back to top Go down