Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

last reflection!

Go down

last reflection! Empty last reflection!

Post  ameliapedone Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:44 pm

This year in band I hope to improve my technique tremendously. I would like to improve my finger dexterity so that I can sight read and master the allegro music we play more effectively. I also want to improve my sight reading by improving my musicality. To do this I am going to practice once a day for at least five minutes no matter what despite my busy schedule. As a section, I hope to improve our tuning especially in the higher register. This can be achieved through our weekly flute parties before school. In June, band will have been a success if I can successfully play Arabesque! This piece seems nearly impossible now but I’m sure if I reach these goals it will be achievable.

Over the course of this year, I have improved as a musician for sure. I did successfully reach my goal of being able to play Arabesque!! Smile Smile I had to work and practice much more than I am used to in order to accomplish this, but in the end I succeeded and gained more speed with my fingers which has helped with the Quantz piece I began working on in my private lesson. In regard to our weekly flute parties, they did not end up being “weekly”, but when we all were struggling, the flute section definitely made an effort to meet and work the problems out. Our tuning as a group did improve over the course of the year, I feel that I became better at hearing the “waves” in the sound and fixing them. A new goal that I made about halfway through the year is to pay more attention to the dynamics and accents. Sometimes I find myself completely ignoring them which is especially bad because they add a whole new level to the music. I will continue to work on this aspect of my playing over the summer. Overall, I accomplished the majority of my goals and have improved more than I expected.

ameliapedone

Back to top Go down