Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Goals From the Beginning of the Year

Go down

My Goals From the Beginning of the Year Empty My Goals From the Beginning of the Year

Post  Michael Nash Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:28 pm

"In band this year, I hope to accomplish many goals and become a better overall musician. One goal that I have is to improve at sight reading. I have always struggled with sight reading. A second goal that I would like to accomplish is to practice more at home. I do not practice as much as I should to improve drastically at my instrument."

This is what I stated on our second reflection of the year which asked us to state our goals for band this year. As the year is coming to a close, I feel that I have accomplished some of these goals, but not all of them. My goals have also changed throughout the course of the year. In some places, I did fall short of these goals but I am a very different musician from the beginning of the year. I have gotten better at sight reading. This is one goal that I accomplished, but I am not as good as I would like to be at this task. I hope to work over the summer to improve at this. A goal that I unfortunately did not accomplish is practicing more at home. Honestly, I do not practice as much as I should, but I realize that I HAVE to get better about doing this if I want to advance in band next year. By working over the summer I hope to have drastically improved from last year. I feel like I am a different musician than I was in term one because I understand the music much better. This year my goals changed and I focused more on dynamics and and trying to make my sound quality the best that it can be. These goals were better goals for me and I did accomplish them. I now can also focus on all parts of the music such as dynamics, breath marks, staccato notes and other important parts of a piece. This year has been a good year in band and I hope that next year is even better.

Michael Nash

Back to top Go down