Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflecting on the year

Go down

Reflecting on the year Empty Reflecting on the year

Post  Jeffrey.vonLoesecke Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:20 pm

This year in band I hope to accomplish a lot. One thing I hope to do is to get better at my note reading skills. I can do this by playing more bells parts where I am using notes more often and have to read more notes. Another way I can get better at this is thanks to the listening test where we fill in the missing notes. Another goal I have is to be better at tuning timpani. I can mostly get better at this by doing it more. I feel that this is important because the timpani need to be in tune for them to sound good during a piece, and it also just bothers me when they aren't. In June, band will have been successful for me if I get along with the people in band and have fun during band. One more thing that will make it successful is if I achieve my goals mentioned in this essay.

This year has been a great year in band for me. As mentioned in my original reflection I wanted to improve on my note reading skills. I would say that I have definitely met that goal because now when I pick up a new piece of music I do not have to slowly go through it and determine each note, I am able to just recognize them instead. I would credit this to the challenging mallets parts that I was given the opportunity to play throughout the year. I have gotten a bit better at tuning the timpani, but because I didn't have that many timpani parts throughout the year, I wasn't tuning them that often and tuning them more is the only thing that will help me get better at tuning. I had a lot of fun in band this year and got along with the people in band great. The band trip was really fun and also was like a bonding experience to become closer friends with other people in band which in my opinion is pretty big part of enjoying band.

Jeffrey.vonLoesecke

Back to top Go down