Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert Review

Go down

Concert Review Empty Concert Review

Post  LauraEagan Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:26 pm

I attended my sister's 7th and 8th grade Orchestra concert in December. They were Middle School students in the strings program. The entire concert lasted two hours. My sister performed four pieces in total, three for regular orchestra and one for Junior Chamber strings. The Junior Chamber strings performed Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (which means something something nightmusic according to my sister). It is a common piece played in the Winter. The difference between 6th and 7th grade strings was large and the older musicians sounded like they improved a lot in a year. Eine Keine Nachtmusik was my favorite piece, and also what I remember the most from the concert. I liked it because it is a familiar piece, and I liked how well the Junior Chamber group performed it. Sometimes we think that the younger groups are good, but we don't think of how much they work. Their performance showed me how they are real, very talented musicians who are super awesome at what they do. I would recommend these concerts to my peers because it shows more of the entire Hingham Music program, while many of us just go to High School concerts, or just our own.

LauraEagan

Back to top Go down