Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the year accomplishments

Go down

End of the year accomplishments Empty End of the year accomplishments

Post  RobertSmith Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 am

I hope to use this year as a year to grow greatly with my musicianship. Since, this year, I have a very talented section leader that is always willing to help me improve my playing abilities. During the course of the rest of the year, I hope to become more rhythmically accurate, especially during very fast moving pieces. This could be a measurable goal because we are playing the piece "Arabesque" this year, and if i am able to play it well, i will have improved greatly because the majority of that piece is very fast moving notes. I would also like to become more expressive with my playing. I feel like my pianos could be softer and fortes could be louder. Also, I would like to work more with the rest of the clarinet section to make intonation better throughout the section to make the band better as a whole. In June, I hope to be more rhythmically accurate, more expressive and be better in tune with my section.

This year, I feel, was the year i improved the most in my musical career. One of my goals that i had set was to me much more rhythmically accurate and technically better. The way i was to measure this was being able to play "Arabesque" and i feel i accomplished this with flying colors. Not only me, but the band as a whole played this extremely hard a technically demanding piece with much confidence. For next year, I hope to be much more expressive with my playing and not just playing what is written on the page.

Robert Smith

P.S. Sorry this was so late!

RobertSmith

Back to top Go down