Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re: Plans for Band

Go down

Re: Plans for Band Empty Re: Plans for Band

Post  Dmcauliffe Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:16 am

Looking back at my band goals, I am supprised at how lackluster they actually were...Even though they seem to be reasonable goals. Anyways, my "Plans for Band" reflection is as follows...

This year in band, I want to improve my sightreading, timing, and overall coordination. I feel that better sightreading skills will help me get a feel for the music more quickly, and improve the first rehearsal quality. Better timing and coordination will improve the togetherness of the ensemble and also enhance the musical experience

Moving on to the end of the year: I feel like i have accomplished my goals from the beginning of the year, and I even have improved beyond those goals. Since i have begun to practice daily, although not very diligently, my hand and foot speed and overall coordination has improved noticeably. I have also developed a warmup and stretching routine (Thanks Willis). Regarding the sightreading development part of my goals; I now feel that those skills will come with time, and cannot really be intentionally developed. Regardless, I have improved this year, and looking back and seeing the distance I have covered is a cool feeling.

Dmcauliffe

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum