Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So apparently I didn't do a first reflection. Or I can't find it.

Go down

So apparently I didn't do a first reflection.  Or I can't find it.   Empty So apparently I didn't do a first reflection. Or I can't find it.

Post  OliviaPlaysFlute Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Well this is slightly disappointing. I totally thought I wrote a first reflection but apparently I didn't. Whoops Embarassed Anyhow.
At the beginning of the year I had high hopes for sophomore year. I just came off of three weeks at band camp and could definitely tell I had improved because of the experience. So I expected to get into districts and SEMSBA and achieve a decent chair. But... I didn't. I really didn't have much of a hope of getting into districts come audition time, so I wasn't too disappointed in myself for not getting into the festival. However, I was just plain embarrassed and mad at myself for not making SEMSBA. Since I'm the type of person who draws drive and inspiration from my anger at my shortcomings, falling short on these auditions stirred me into vigorous practicing. This strict regime of at least a half hour a day did earn me a couple of accomplishments that sort of made up for the festivals. I got the Arabesque solo and I made it into the chamber ensemble of a college band festival. Furthermore, I feel like I've improved in many technical ways, including tonality and speed. But I still need to work on rhythmic accuracy. If I didn't play such a quiet instrument I feel like I would be ridiculed almost as frequently as Chip XD
So, my motto of this year is that when one door closes, another door opens, but you have to work your butt off to get through the open one.

OliviaPlaysFlute

Back to top Go down