Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band Goals

Go down

Band Goals Empty Band Goals

Post  chrislewis Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 pm

This year my goal in band is to push myself to practice at home and to not only show effort in band class but to have the same amount of effort and time to go into my practice at home. I believe it is very possible and probable for there to be set goals that I can follow to improve my practice at home and to improve on becoming a better musician in all. I think in terms of technique personaly I do not know where i could improve besides my technique of practicing or lack of prcticing. Yet in terms of technique in a broader sense i think it would be very productive and beneficial to work with each personal instrument section. This new technique might be very affective and might catch on, which in total would be very beneficial for everyone and the band as a whole. I think that by June the thing that would have made this band year for me would be my overall progress and accomplishments that i would have achieved over the band year. In total I think the clear improvements and visible changes to my level of playing will have made my band year.

I believe that I did not exactly meet the goals I had for myself this year in band. As I stated in the second reflection of the year, I wanted to practice more and improve on my technique. I feel that I fell short on the practicing aspect, but in some respects I did improve my technique and overall playing. As the year progressed I believe my goals did not shift and in all I felt that this year as a trumpet seccion we improved greatly. Since term one, back in September to now, I think that I am a much more open minded and curious about different pieces of music, due to the selection we played this year and all of the progress we have made. In all I believe we had a great band year.

chrislewis

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum