Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goals for Band Part 2

Go down

Goals for Band Part 2 Empty Goals for Band Part 2

Post  graceglennon Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 pm

From Term One Reflection, "I want to get better at my scales. I can do all the "easy scales" we learned it 8th grade but, I want to start learning other scales. I want to practice more than I do now, because that will make the pieces we play sound better. I want to get better at articulation and finding the pulse because I feel like I have problems with that. I want to work on my sight reading skills too. But out of everything I want to improve on how much I practice. Practicing is a very important thing and you can hear the difference!". Although I did not succeed in all the elements of my term one reflection, I did indeed bring my flute home a lot more than I've ever brought it home. I practiced the music we had a lot than I have in previous years and I feel like I have really improved in practicing which is what I was looking to accomplish. I spent some time trying new scales but not as much as I had hoped. I have learned some new ones and am more familiar with scales, which is nice. I feel like my sight-reading has improved just from spending the year improving.

graceglennon

Back to top Go down