Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

galub jamun

Go down

galub jamun Empty galub jamun

Post  nickhv Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 am

hopefully - In the 1960s the second sense of hopefully, which dates to the early 18th century and had been in fairly widespread use since at least the 1930s, underwent a surge in popularity. A surge of criticism followed in reaction, but the criticism too
nickhv on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:40 pm

There are in fact a number of things on which i would like to work on over the course of this year. I obviously need to practice my instrument at home a whole lot more (which is something i seem to write about in so many band reflections but then never actually do). So hopefully that will be something that changes. Also, having just gotten a new harder reed, my intonation has improved greatly but I still am having trouble with a few certain notes i.e. b, f# and anything below low F. In terms of long term goals, I would like very much to learn more about theory mainly because I think it would help me enjoy the music we play so much more than I already do and hopefully spark within me a more passionate interest for my instrument. After hearing so much about the opportunities that playing the bassoon provides for me I think the time has come for me to start taking it more seriously that I have in the past. I hope by the end of this year to have risen my level of playing to the point where i can play the woodwind melody after Elijah's solo in Summer Dances FLAWLESSLY. Also I hope to take my instrument home slightly more often than never which was how often i brought it home last year... In all seriousness though, I need to get to work to achieve goals and hopefully I will be the victor against my own laziness this year. [strike] you're out!

Well, this year has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was rushing to my computer to write the first half of this reflection 20 minutes before it was due. In the time since, I feel as though I have made a step towards achieving some of the goals I outlined those many months ago. For one thing, I'm starting this reflection 2 days in advance. cyclops I have also expanded playable range on the bassoon to extend fully down to its lowest register and nearly all the way to its highest notes. Despite my failure to bring my instrument home as often as I had planned (at all), I do think that my playing ability has certainly improved to the point where I feel more comfortable can now play parts noticeably better than I could in the beginning of the year. Regrettably however, my plans to take music theory next year have forced me to remove band from my schedule for next year. While I will not be able to continue on the progress I have made this on the bassoon itself, theory will allow to to meet my goals of reaching a higher and more in depth appreciation for music. My hopes for the future will be to add on to this long term goal of reaching a deeper understanding of music, which may be found outside of the parameters of bassoon, but will hopefully enrich me nonetheless.

nickhv

Back to top Go down

galub jamun Empty Re: galub jamun

Post  nickhv Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 am

*expanded (my) playable range....

nickhv

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum