Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Seventh and Final Reflection of Samuel Krumholz

Go down

The Seventh and Final Reflection of Samuel Krumholz Empty The Seventh and Final Reflection of Samuel Krumholz

Post  samkrum Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:55 pm

This is my reflection from Term 1:
In band this year, I hope to improve on many things. One thing that I improved on from last year already but still want to work on this year is my tone. I know that the only way I trumpet section can truly be good is if they all have the same tone, and me and Thomas have not met that requirement yet. One thing that I feel I am okay at on the trumpet is my range, but I need to focus on holding high notes with a better tone and with more consistency. At the concert, I realized that I barely know any of the Concert Band trumpet player. I know Chau, Sam, Ben, Steven, and Theo because most were in band last year and Theo is in Jazz Band. However, I don't know the other eight or nine trumpet players, and I feel that needs to be fixed. Last year, I remember knowing all the trumpets in Upperclassmen band and I looked up to them. Even though the bands have now been separated, I feel that we should soon all know each other so that even if I can't, at least Ben, Maude, and Meghan can help these Freshman become better players.

I think that my tone really did improve, as I hoped it would. I realize now that I did a good job at not setting my hopes too high and saying something crazy like "I will practice". But, seriously, I know you have commented on it and I feel the same way, that my tone has gotten better. This may be because this year I cleaned my trumpet for the first time ever. However, I don't think my second goal was met. There did not seem to be any connection between our band and Concert Band. While the point of splitting the bands was to have two separate bands, I think that it would have been good for both groups if we knew each other a bit better.

samkrum

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum