Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dreams of band came true.

Go down

My dreams of band came true. Empty My dreams of band came true.

Post  jsantilli40 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:14 pm

This year in band i would like to improve in my ability to count measures and learn different time signatures and what they mean exactly. This year i would enjoy practicing more and really trying to know the pieces we learn only remember how to play them for a couple of months. I believe working with my section(Brass) more often would really help. I would be very happy if by the end of the year I could learn many more scales because, sadly, the only scale that I know by heart is the B flat major scale. Lastly I would like to be able to hit the high notes on the scale and in our pieces.
Looking back upon my goals for the end of the all of my goals and hopes have been achieved, for the most part. My hope to practice more with my brass section came true, due to the fact that we had sectionals every few weeks or so. These sectionals helped to improve, not only mine but everybody's, playing ability withing the section. Also, my ability to play scales has improved dramatically. I am not 100% correct on all of my scales but I am proud to say that I have improved. My ability of counting time signatures and difficult rhythms has also become much better as the course of the year has rolled along. I have also found my self practicing with my instrument or just looking at our pieces during my time at home, which has helped to improve my playing. And last but not least, i have been steadily better at hitting the high notes on the scale during the pieces. All in all, i have fulfilled my goals and my duties towards helping the class out.

jsantilli40

Back to top Go down