Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear diary, I am now a senior

Go down

Dear diary, I am now a senior Empty Dear diary, I am now a senior

Post  Meredith Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 pm

"This year in band
This year in band I would like to be a good leader and help my flutes be the best and most united section we can be! I want to get better to help provide an example and be an asset, not a problem, in band... especially tuning Rolling Eyes I hope to spend more time practicing and improving the pieces we play and to practice until I can't mess up. Also, I hope our band, and concert band too, can be united and work with one another, outside of our sections as well as within them. One of the most important things for the band this year, though, will be the separation of bands, not only with concert band and wind ensemble but also within chamber. Motivation and practice will be more supah important than last year or the year before... So I guess I just want to practice a ton, be more motivated, be an example, and make this year awesome. Yay band!"

Looking back on this year in band, I would like to think I have accomplished several of the goals I hoped to achieve this year. Flute parties were a ton of fun and definitely made us a better section and an awesome flute family I love you Within the two bands, I think we have started the new program of band at HHS spotlessly; both wind ensemble and concert band played fun, exciting, emotional pieces and did awesome at our concerts, because that's what we do. But aside from setting ourselves up for a great future as a newly-reformed department, we managed to stay a family and, with band parties, trips together, and our common love for Mr. C, it turns out that both of our bands have a lot in common and are more than fairly matched for each other. I practiced more this year, and enjoyed doing it, than I ever have before, and being an example to people like Natalie and younger flute generations to come helped motivate me. Chamber, too, was a surprise to me; I enjoyed the experience and learned much more than I had previously thought. I can't wait for another year (one more year!) with all of you and with Mr. Chincotter, and thanks for three great years so far What a Face

Meredith

Back to top Go down