Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert Band Report Card 2012

Go down

Concert Band Report Card 2012 Empty Concert Band Report Card 2012

Post  grh2595 Thu May 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Mr. Cincotta has been telling us since the middle of the school year that concert band has had a very impressive, high rate of improvement overall this year. Based on our performances and class time this year I would give concert band a B+ for the year. Everyone put in all effort possible. I feel like every piece we were given this year, no matter the difficulty, we strove to perfect it. While we still need to work on our range in dynamics in our pieces, our understanding of dynamics and their importance has definitely increased since the beginning of the year. As musicians, it is known that you can always improve something, and I think we did a good job this year practicing frequently and focusing in class to get as close to perfect as possible. Our concerts have also all been a success. Mistakes happen sometimes in the most untimely situations like our performances, but we proved to be mature musicians by quickly catching on to our mistakes and fixing them. Another point I think we could improve on is recognizing the true purpose of Mr. Cincotta while we are playing our pieces by watching him during our pieces. It is important for us to watch him so we keep in time with the rest of the group and we don't have early or delayed entrances. Overall our pieces would sound more together instead of just sections playing their parts at the same time. A B+ would be a good grade for concert band this year because there are still things we can all improve on, but because of our improvement level since the beginning of the year and our focus in class we deserve the B+.

grh2595

Back to top Go down