Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know this is late, but i thought i should still post it.

Go down

I know this is late, but i thought i should still post it. Empty I know this is late, but i thought i should still post it.

Post  ColinMcGinnis Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:36 pm

So, the concert i went to was the Fall 2011 HHS Concert. I'm doing my review on the chorus, more specifically the Mixed Chorus. The performance was at HHS and the Mixed Chorus, composed of high schoolers, performed. they played 2 pieces, and that lasted about 5 minutes. The pieces were In These Delightful Pleasant Groves by Henry Purcell and So Ben Mi Ch'a Bon Tempo by Orazio Vecchi. From what i can remember, there were no soloists.

I very much liked the performance. Pleasant Groves more so because it felt more like a song of celebration, with all of the joy and jubilation that it presented, where as So Ben Mi was more like a song to be heard in a church choir, rather praising-esque. Not to say i didn't like So Ben Mi. I liked it, it made me feel calm and at ease due to it feeling like a gathering, and spiritual song. I just liked Pleasant Grove more because it made me feel happy and excited. It was a very active piece. So that would be what i remember most from the concert. I don't think any of it confused me, aside from me not understanding certain words due to differing languages.

I would definitely recommend this to my peers. It's a great experience and it shows that music can be made really well even without instruments. It also is a good look at a type of music that you don't see very much of these days, except in spiritual places or on certain radio stations. I think they should just be aware that some of this music isn't in english, though that barely changes anything. I do not have a concert program unfortunately.

afro lol! Cool Razz farao santa flower elephant

ColinMcGinnis

Back to top Go down