Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Year in Band

Go down

This Year in Band Empty This Year in Band

Post  meghanp16 Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:01 pm

During the next few months, I hope to establish an individual sense of accomplishment in the band room. After performing "Hymnsong" and "Summer Dances", I think it is safe to say that we all took pride in the outcomes of the pieces. However, as an individual musician, there are always technical issues I need to improve on. As Mr. Cincotta/ Mr. Young said, we can't stop practicing when we get it right; we can only stop practicing when we can't get it wrong. There are definitely sections of the two pieces I could have practiced more, especially in Summer Dances. Over the next few months, I need to find a way to incorporate practice time into my schedule, even if it's only a few times a week. In the classroom, I need to take pride in myself and play out louder. Even when I have a section completely memorized, I tend to fade into the background. As it is my last year in band, I can only hope that I will make more of an impact, not only in the classroom but also on stage.

meghanp16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum