Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of the year!

Go down

End of the year! Empty End of the year!

Post  NotTylerButFeathers Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:36 am

(First half of comment left out for space reasons)
"But seriously, this year I want to work on my general music technique. Having overcome my large problem of adequate volume last year and the year before that, this year I am focusing on taking advantage of that volume by concentrating on my dynamics. I want to be able to sustain a powerful note at pianissimo, and crescendo into a slow but emotional forte without going straight from one dynamic to the next. O Magnum Mysterium will give me a chance to practice these kinds of dynamic changes."

Looking back on my comment from the very beginning of the year, I can see that I have grown. I can now "sustain the powerful note at pianissimo and crescendo into a slow but emotional forte without going straight from one dynamic to the next", as I said I wanted to be able to do at the beginning of the year. I think I was able to accomplish that because we as a class have been very focused on putting much more emotion into our pieces, from playing pieces that required strong emotion, to our daily warmups in which we would practice changing dynamic levels. One thing I think I have not improved enough this past year is my tone quality. While I have managed to create a better sound than I used to, I still have trouble creating a powerful sound while still maintaining a nice tone quality that's not too reedy.

NotTylerButFeathers

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum