Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Sandwich in the Emergency Room

Go down

A Sandwich in the Emergency Room Empty A Sandwich in the Emergency Room

Post  meghanp16 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 am

When I was eleven years old, I made the interesting (and unfortunate) decision to dress up as a bologna and cheese sandwich for Halloween. For some reason, I was inspired by the Oscar Meyer Weiner commercials and just kind of went with it. My aunt and I spent hours cutting foam into slices of bread and painting on the honey dijon mustard. I remember being overcome with excitement and expecting all of my neighbors to be green with envy. When the time came around to start trick-or-treating, I ran outside with my brother, a washing machine at the time, and approached the first house. I didn't recieve the reaction I was expecting as the old lady living next to me seemed utterly shocked and confused by the sandwich standing on her porch. With the candy in hand, I ran across the street and somehow tripped over one of my slices of bread... At that point, I looked down and realized my arm was hanging by my side, completely limp and hyperextended. My parents rushed me to the emergency room but for whatever reason, left the bologna sandwich on. When I walked through the hospital doors, everyone in the waiting room stared and giggled. If I were to write a piece of music after this experience, the piece would have two completely opposing styles. The beginning would be upbeat and exciting. It would be very fast paced to show the excitement I initially felt. However, the music would quickly become dark and chaotic in order to express the pain and humiliation felt on that particular day.

meghanp16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum