Hingham High School Band Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Goals For This Year

Go down

My Goals For This Year Empty My Goals For This Year

Post  ColinMcGinnis Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 am

There are a number of things i hope to accomplish in band this year. The most important to me is to develop the ability to read and play notes, because for so long now, i've only been able to read rhythms. In terms of technique, i guess i'd like to get better at playing the correct dynamic. I tend to sometimes play more in the forte area, starting at mezzo forte when it says piano. Working more closely with my section is a major thing for me this year. After phil and i leave, there will be no more seniors in percussion section for concert band, so we want to do our best to get them ready for the years ahead, which i know will be great for them, as they were for me, and get to know them better, so we can make the percussion family even larger. Another big thing for me this year is getting the band all around closer, bringing all the sections together. Whether that be through parties, or fun get togethers like sledding or laser tag, it doesn't matter to me, just so long as the band becomes closer and more united. Then there is the task of band publicity. I want to promote the band a lot more via posters and flyers about concerts, so that after this year ends, i can leave the school knowing that the band will have large amounts of concert attendees all year. In June, i will be able to say that this year was a success if i am able to promote the band so that we get more than the average amount of concert attendees, and if phil and i are able to bring the percussion section closer together and leave them with the skills and knowledge they need to continue on and do great in the coming years.

And now, as per my reflection tradition: EMOTICON PARTY!!!

lol! afro king farao pirat cyclops santa flower

ColinMcGinnis

Back to top Go down